Sunday, April 5, 2015

March 30th

For my last class presentation this term, I played the orchestrated portion of Selkie Rhapsody. Feedback was positive overall. I was advised to really push the envelope at the climactic panicked section; suggested mechanisms for achieving this were to stagger entries, to involve percussion, and to lengthen the section. Other suggestions included giving greater prominence to the strings, doubling lines to give them more weight, respell awkward accidentals, and placing the euphonium lines in other instruments.

To close off this blog, this has been a fantastic term. Having the opportunity to work so closely with my classmates and instructor, to provide and to receive feedback, and to work on a large orchestral piece has contributed greatly to my growth as a composer. I look forward to continuing this work over the summer and next year.

Thank you, Dr. Ross!

No comments:

Post a Comment